Tuesday, May 31, 2011

GETTING TO THE END IS NOT THE BE ALL AND END ALL

Week 5 of my turnaround is now going well. Yes I subtley snuck in the "now' as I admit that after my MM dummy spit last week, I had a couple of days of "to hell with it, I'll eat what I think I really want." That lasted a day and half and by Saturday morning I'd had enough of the high carb intake and was looking forward to a nice salad for lunch. I took my mum out for her birthday and didnt look twice at the pasta or risottos on the menu, instead going for a skewered lamb salad that included olives, feta and a serve of tzatziki. Washed down with a glass of Wirra Wirra Church Block (red) and I was as happy as could be.

That goodness has continued into this week and despite having a dreadful day yesterday battling working mum's syndrome, deep down I was still feeling good.

My training was a little lighter over the weekend purely because of time juggling mum's outing and then having to get stuck into my next uni assignment. But I moved on both days and I'm happy with that. Whilst I'm keen to get leaner and fitter, my darling husband reminded me that I have struck a nice balance  in my life and going back to obsessively training twice a day or regularly busting out killer sessions should NOT be on my radar. And I know he's right because I have previously had a tendency to get obsessive and go way overboard making me difficult to live with.

So its onwards and upwards for me as I still have 5 weeks to make a diference by moving in the right direction. Not sure how close I'll get to my goal but as long as the journey is this easy and enjoyable then getting to the end is not the be all and end all.

XX Magda

No comments:

Post a Comment