Wednesday, May 4, 2011

WEEK ONE DONE - RESULTS ARE ......

Ok this was quite an easy week. The first one always is once you just commit to doing it. I have successfully reduced my alcohol intake significantly and other than Sunday's post race treat, I've been pretty much sugar free. My meals have been healthy but substantial so my snacks are minimal or non-existent and I like eating this way. I like getting hungry for the next meal and looking forward to it, rather than over-eating and then just eating the next meal because "its time."

So weight loss was 2.5 kgs and I'm now comfortably sub 70 so mini goal one gets a big tick.
Centimetres lost was a total of 9.5 over 5 sites. 5 of those were off my (bloated) waist. Not surprising. Next best loss was hips and R thigh at 2.5 each. Funny how left and right thigh are never the same LOL.

My cardio is more moderate as I rest my legs. Today I walked for 40 minutes and I'll just say, I admire those who walk for their exercise. Why? Because its so F*#^@! BORING. It is a real last resort for me. Yesterday I trained chest and bis and followed it up with 20 mins on the exercise bike (which is also boring).

Headspace has been good and that goes a long way to achieving the small wins on this journey. I am struggling to do all of my rebabs though. Basically I've lost faith in them and doubt if they are making any difference. The stretches are great and very necessary so I always do them. More on this after Friday's visit to the physio.

So onwards and upwards and into Week 2 :-)

M

5 comments:

  1. Really? You find walking boring? In the fresh air, listening to the sounds of nature? Thinking, dreaming, inspiring? You do have music right?

    I LOVE my walks :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) yes I have music Shelley but at 5am in the dark its about staying safe and aware of my surrounds. Basically, I'd prefer to be running and getting home a hot and sweaty mess LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm i too love to jog / run but i'm with shelley, i love a good brisk walk, i see different things when walking than i do running.
    I guess im lucky i lve both.

    Great results by th way!! 1 down 9 to go hey?

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shar, if its a choice between walking and nothing, I'll still do the walk. I just havent had any of those "gee that was fantastic" feelings following a walk. Thanks on my results. I'm pretty happy with them too. Wouldnt it be great if EVERY week of effort produced those results LOL??!!

    ReplyDelete