Wednesday, May 18, 2011

WEEK 3 DONE AND DUSTED

Today is weigh and measure day and although this turnaround has taken on a new meaning, I'm not prepared to dismiss the importance of the numbers just yet. But things have certainly changed as you'll see as you read on.

In its totally predictable fashion based on numerous previous experiences, the MM didnt show a loss this week despite me continuing to eat mindfully making good healthy choices. Meh!! Previously this would have sent me into a mini fit of "woe is me, blah, blah, blah" but I've sort of wised up now and I'm honestly taking it in my stride. I look better. I feel better. I know I'm in a good place (despite yesterday's issue) so I'm focussing on all of those positives. The MM will catch up, I'm sure. Funny though that this week the centimetres showed some loss varying between 1/2 and 2 cms all over. Last week it was the opposite - kilos down, centimetres the same. What a wierd process this is.

So I've yet to crack milestone # 2 of sub 67 but I'm literally .1 of a kg away LOL. Training is all good and I'm happy with my consistency and intensity of running and weight training. I've also managed a bit of variety in cardio due to rain last week and grabbing the opportunity to walk to/from work if possible.

On many previous occassions week 3 has been when the wheels fall off for me and I give up, overeat, beat myself up and then try to muster the energy and resolve to try again. Its a refreshing change to get to the start of week 4 feeling like I do and knowing that I sailed here rather effortlessly. By that I mean, even despite all the challenges I've had lately with work pressure and my injury flaring up, I never considered turning to food for comfort. It may have entered my mind just fleetingly but it left just as easily. I havent had to battle with myself to not give in to the the Binge Monster so I have energy to divert to other positive things (like my massive to do list at work LOL).

I feel better today and realise that my injury must have settled down somewhat so I will run again tomorrow and see what pans out. Fingers crossed that my lumbar/sacral/hip area behaves itself and I'm back to a predominantly pain free state.

Cheers all

M

2 comments:

  1. Nice to hear that you're in a good place emotionally, Magda.
    The MM WILL catch up, and you'll be there feeling fab and smiling...
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Sandra not stressing about the MM this time. I know you're right and I'll just wait for it to happen

    :-) M

    ReplyDelete