Thursday, May 5, 2011

MY FAVOURITE TIME OF THE WEEK

There is something especially rewarding about completing Thursday's training irrespective of what it is. The main reason is that I normally take Friday as a rest day by not setting my alarm for 5am. This is like a mini reward for the 4 days of early starts, training in the dark (and now the cold too) and not allowing slothdom to rule my life.

On a good Friday we'll wake up at 6.30 and rush around to be out the door by 7.40. There is usually no time for breakfast then so I might grab some raisin toast when we have our morning coffee out before work. Or I might just have a mug of coffee and eat when I feel hungry. Whatever takes my fancy on the day.

Tomorrow wont be a rest day as I'm planning to walk home from work. This will take me 45 mins and count as a moderate training session. Its one walk I actually enjoy. The mall is busy. Rundle Street east is alive and buzzing. I soak up the atmosphere as I try to power along, ducking and weaving through the crowds. I listen to music to motivate me along and I resist stopping for a wine or bubbly to celebrate the arrival of my favourite time of the week.

Is there a special time of the week that you love? What makes it so?

Cheers all

M

2 comments:

  1. Friday night when I pick Ava up from daycare. I love it when I walk in the door and it takes her a few seconds to realise I'm there, then she comes running up and gives me a huge hug :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats beautiful Alicia. Enjoy these times as she'll be in school before you know it.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete