Monday, May 23, 2011

LIVING IN THE MOMENT

I must admit that life is pretty good right now and I'm feeling mighty awesome from within. Thats not to say that my hips and legs are still giving me grief but I'm managing it both physically and mentally. Work is mega busy but I'm taking things one at a time and not looking at everything as one big insurmountable problem. I'm not letting it overwhelm me as I did last week. The third module of my management course was finished on Friday and there is another assignment looming. Yet again, it'll be one step at a time spread over a few weekends so as not to overload me in one big hit.

One thing I'm trying to do differently this week is to just live in the moment and stop stressing about the next day, week, month and even year. I waste so much energy on that and its all for nothing really. So this week its all about whats in front of me right now, whether its my next run, weights session or piece of work that needs doing. I have some big plans for next year and they creep into my mind every so often but they must be parked for now as the timing is not right. I am very much looking forward to the time when I can start that particular project though.

I seem to have found my groove in terms of my diet (read that "nutrition" as opposed to a regimented and strict way of eating) and training and I'm not battling thoughts of "I should" or "I shouldnt". Its a really good feeling and that too has freed up energy to channell into more important things. I am making one more tweek to my weekly training and that is reducing my runs to 3 (give the hips / legs a little less load) and increasing my weights to 3 sessions / week and putting back some lower body training. We'll see how my body copes with this new combo in terms of my hip / glute pain.

So on that happy note, I must get off Blogger and channell my precious energy into my next job at work. Crossing another item from my "to do" list before I go home is my goal.

Cheers all

M

3 comments:

  1. Hey Magda,

    Nice attitude and very similar to mine at the moment!

    I do the same, - plan for say 3-5 years and spend too much time articulating 'plans' for then rather than utilising the 'now'! I think goals and plans and pathways for then are great but we have to be living in the moment while constructively moving forward toward those.

    Can I ask what management course are you doing? Is is expensive and something that can be done via corresspondence while holding a full time job, active lifestyle etc?

    Keep up the great work.

    Pip :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Magda. As they say, identifying what we need to do is the first step...I'm all for living the moment, it's all we've got for sure, so why not do it well?
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pip, I'll PM you via FB regarding my course.

    Hi Sandra, funnily it took me a while to get to this point but it all evolved nicely and very naturally and thats what makes me feel so comfortable with it. This will be an interesting week though as "living in the moment" is a bit of a new approach for me. But nothing ventured, nothing gained, I say.

    ReplyDelete