Tuesday, May 3, 2011

COACH'S FEEDBACK AND THE BEFORE PIC



OK so here I am about 5 minutes before race start. Peter razzes me about my headband which I know is NOT fashionably chic but its too practical to run without. It holds my earpones in place and it keeps the sweat out of my eyes. This is also my official "before photo" - you just have to imagine another 2.6kgs on me (eeek thats not a good thought).


Yesterday I received my weekly feedback email from coach Pat  which I have posted below as I'm still feeling mighty proud of my efforts (after this I promise to shut up and stop boring you all with my race talk). BTW the reference to the Adelaide Half is in response to my throw away comment about maybe doing that race in August - confessing that I just couldnt help myself LOL.

"Congratulations on such a fine achievement Magda. 69 min – 10/10 – you well and truly delivered!
A tad too fast early on though – 32min @ 5k would have found you reaching well within over the 2nd half, which of course you did.
Have a well earned light training week and I can certainly help you prepare for the Adelaide Half however we do need to be aware that got into strife when you upped the k’s up to a few weeks back. I’m sure you don’t want to end up sore again.
Congrats again Magda.
Cheers
Pat"

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic feedback Magda, you should feel very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Kristy Pat has a great style, as you know. I really enjoy working with him. Its good to know you're not going it alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you Magda and I know you may not think you're in top condition, but I think you look really good and really happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz beat me to it - I think you look great. Love the smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Liz and Kerryn. I guess the photo shows that I felt great on the day and was looking forward to the race. Just imagine what I could achieve if I WAS in top form :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can feel the inklings of wanting to enter another run Magda... I always enjoy the City-Bay, so maybe, just maybe I can train and run that this year. 12 km's is easily doable and very downhill... Hmmm all your talk of running is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristy, lets run it together (assuming I'm ok to do it). Although we cant train together, it would be great motivation to run it together.

    ReplyDelete