Wednesday, June 1, 2011

BORED!!

I must admit that it was VERY hard getting up at 4.50am today. I lay in bed for a couple of minutes contemplating the benefits of an extra rest day. Fortunately my Inner Warrior spoke to me loud and clear with "haul your arse out of bed and hit the weights girl", so I did.

It was 6.6 degrees outside and probably only a degree or 2 warmer in my studio. At least with leg training you warm up somewhat as you move the big muscles through the various exercises. I'm still on baby weights but am increasing gradually. I must admit though that the majority of my exercises feel quite painful - like a BAD case of DOMS, which I dont have at the moment. I guess I just accept that this is how it is for me now as I'm not in a position to undertake the extensive and expensive rehab that may fix my problem.

To finish off my training today I decided to go for a fast walk as 20 minutes on the exercise bike just didnt have any appeal. Even though I wore gloves, my fingers were like little sticks of ice LOL. But it was exhilirating and quite enjoyable to power through my suburb and enjoy a bit of thinking time.

In fact I was thinking how this turnaround is starting to really bore me. I've become so numbers focussed which landed me in trouble last week when the numbers werent what I wanted to see. I've also become a bit robotic with my food prep and meals eaten - its almost like I'm in a comp prep mode during the week - without the super restricted diet though. The rebel in me played a little fantasy game as I walked from work to my carpark yesterday. As I passed the various eateries along the way I imagined having lunch from each one over the coming days / weeks. If that doesnt scream BORED!! then I dont know what does??

:-) M

2 comments:

  1. Hi Magda
    How do you go getting up early for a run? I seem to have developed a real phobia about getting up early for a run before work. I can get up really early any other day not not then. This is going to become a real problem as I am training for my first marathon next year! Any suggestions?

    Gillian xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gillian,

    I've decided to answer your question with a blog post.

    ReplyDelete