Tuesday, May 24, 2011

BEING GRATEFUL

Tonight over dinner my boy told us about an unfortunate incident of rough boyish play at his school today that resulted in a child being taken to hospital. No harm was intended during the play but a child was seriously hurt (the extent of which we dont actually know yet) in the group my boy was playing with.

I'm a bit shaken by this and thoughts of "OMG it could have been our son" keep entering my mind. Pointless, I know but disturbing to think about. My prayers go out to this boy and his family and I hope he is ok. I'm sure we'll be informed by the school or by our teacher at least.

In the meantime I give a silent but very heartfelt thank you for all that I have - and thats NOT the material stuff. My boy is sleeping safely in his bed tonight and for that I'm truly grateful.

Good night all

M

2 comments:

  1. How horrid magda, hope the boy is ok and glad your boy is
    Home safe.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Shar, the incident made me shudder and I couldnt stop thinking about it but the teacher has advised that the boy is well and the outcome is not as serious as originally depicted. Thank goodness!!

    ReplyDelete