Tuesday, May 17, 2011

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES

There's a famous saying that goes "what a difference a day makes" and I'm living proof of that right now. I've gone from feeling awesome both physically and emotionally to  .... well the exact opposite in just one day.

I ran this morning and all was good. I kept my pace moderate which my body can usually handle and especially on short 40 minute stints. I didnt notice anything wrong after the run ... until I got to work and my lower back and legs started hurting, once again the sharp shooting pains were in my thighs - the left side worse than the right. At one point I stood up from my chair and my right leg gave way. At other points I could barely get walking from a sitting position. FFS what is going on!!??

I managed to get a physio appointment but had to see somebody different at my usual place. She diagnosed that my pubic bone was slightly out and my sacrum was twisted. My pelvis still seemed to be in alignment though. How then can I be in so much pain? It doesnt make sense. After a very mild treatment I was sent on my way with some advice about new running shoes, no running for a day or so and then being careful with asymetrical moves (like stepping off a kerb).

But here I am tonight and it all still friggin hurts like hell and I've lost faith in the physio's ability to diagnose and cure. This may be premature but my chiro has a far better track record in getting to the problem and fixing it (even if its not permanently). Yet again I'm confused about what to do, what not to do and mindful that I need to stay positive, or at least balanced so as not to lose the plot completely.

Needless to say its been a tough day. The pressure is on at work. My patience is as thin as a supermodel on a crash diet and all I wanted to do was have a big cry and then curl up and sleep in my warm bed.

I better go as thats probably enough whinging for one day.

M

5 comments:

  1. Hi Magda, sorry to hear about your pain. Are you going to be in Melbourne any time soon? My hubby might be able to help out (he has postgrad quals in musculoskeletal pain management). Hope you are feeling better tomorrow. Cheers, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magda, what the physio has told you is spot on. It WILL settle. It's just annoying. I've got your vid and looked at it once and have seen a few things already....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your feeling better soon Magda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bugga! Hope it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Charlotte, thanks so much for the offer but there is no travelling for me (us) due to a holiday coming up in July. I'll have to deal with it locally.

    Thanks Liz. It has settled a bit today and yes it is SO annoying :-(

    Better today thanks Kristy and Michelle.

    ReplyDelete