Sunday, January 8, 2012

THE WEEK THAT WAS THE FIRST WEEK OF THE YEAR

Today's training was the Bikram yoga 90 minute sweatfest. Although today the room felt somewhat cooler than usual - meaning the temperature was probably 45 degrees or just under. Mornings are always cooler than late evenings which also means I take a lot longer to warm up my muscles and my stretches are not as good until I'm well into the class. Irrespective of all that, its always a mega intense workout that leaves me totally buggered for about 15-20 minutes and then the second wave of tiredness hits a couple of hours later.

I've had an awesome week as far as my training and nutrition goes. I trained every day to plan and ate well without being obsessive about my food. I cut right back on the alcohol but overshot my weekly limit by a couple of glasses due to a couple of unplanned events. At least they only resulted in a glass of wine each so not too much damage. Being on holidays helps immensely as I'm having my first meal later and therefore eating less all up.

The other thing I've done differently this week is drink less cappuccinos. The few times I went to a cafe with my boy, I had a chai tea without milk, which I also love. But come the weekend and I had a coffee on both days :-) Happy to cut back but NOT happy to cut out.

So I'm a little closer to fitting into my size 11 non-stretch jeans but not there yet. Lets hope I can make a real difference in the coming 2 weeks.

:-) M

4 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike - I have also decided to cut down my coffee consumption, hoping to drop some kg's before 12wbt kicks off, so am also having chai tea during the week and a latte or two as a weekend treat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be a current trend Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete