Tuesday, January 10, 2012

HOLIDAY MODE

This morning I had another hour of lounging in bed before my boy got up, followed by making his breakfast and then hitting my training studio. Today was lower body training and it was time to mix things up a bit, increase some weights, swap reps on the supersets and minimise the rest breaks. It was a great session followed by 10 mins on the old exercise bike before my phone battery needed charging.

Breakfast was very late today as the delivery of our new spin bike (pics to come tomorrow) was 10 minutes away. Well 10 minutes turned into about 30 or 40 with me deferring eating until after the bike had been delivered. In the end I caved and ate and the bike STILL hadnt arrived. Its all good now though and ready for a spin tomorrow morning :-)

I'm so in holiday mode now that I cant get to sleep early at night because I'm just not tired. I think I am and I go to bed only to lie there for ages no matter how hard I try to relax, switch off and go to sleep. I'm also now well into the habit of sleeping in or at the least waking but dozing in the mornings. Both of these states are very unusual to me and to be honest I prefer to be busy with work, physically and mentally tired, in bed early and off with the fairies. Dare I say, even the early mornings feel better and help me get to sleep better at night. I guess I was made to be a working girl both professionally and in the exercise I choose to do every day.

Well it must be time to TRY to sleep so I'll sign off and be back tomorrow.

:-) M

3 comments:

  1. How exciting about the spin bike! Am thinking about getting one myself in the future as my gyme doesn't offer classes. Look forward to hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the bike tomorrow - hope you get lots of happy miles out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charlotte and Liz, it's been an exciting addition to our exercise equipment and we are bidding a sad but fond farewell to our exercise bike that was purchased around 1992. In fact my mum will give it a new home and continued use while we pedal happy on our new machine :-)

    ReplyDelete