Saturday, January 7, 2012

SHOPPING WINS AND LOSSES

Today Peter and I went to check out the recently done up and extended Burnside Village shopping centre. There was so much hype about the building works and how it was killing off the businesses and then it re-opened with more hype and fanfare. I'd been a couple of times but only very briefly so today was the leisurely look through after having lunch there.

Well lunch was disappointing. The (one) restaurant/cafe was flat out and after waiting ages for service we gave up and had coffees and rolls/foccacias at Cibo instead. Then we went our own ways for an hour to look around. Only I spent my hour in Zara and was delighted to hit the jackpot in the first minute. I found a white jacket for work in the perfect (tailored) style and size. It was reduced on sale and when I went to pay for it, it was reduced even further. YIPPEE. I had fun trying on lots of stuff in Zara but alas the jacket was my only purchase.

After BV I was on a bit of a shopping roll so I scoured my local stores and bought a white top that looks semi-jacket but very different to the tailored style. Can you tell I love white in summer? That too was a bargain with sale items reduced by a further 30%. How exciting!!

So after those 2 fantastic purchases I wasn't even upset that yet again I couldn't find any jeans or Capri pants that fitted me. Everything in Zara was slim fit and my tree trunk legs just can't wear that. I squeeze into a size 12 with legs looking like overstuffed sausages and the waist band is too loose. Oh well I just need to find a label that caters for my shape. At the end of the day, I'm eating well and I like how I look and feel and THAT'S the most important thing :-)

M

No comments:

Post a Comment