Thursday, January 5, 2012

UNLOCKING THE SECRET TO HAPPINESS - PART 2

Last night's post, prompted me think a bit more about happiness and what rings my bells. After  all, its not just about eating well and training regularly with a bit of intensity - although it goes a long way to setting me into a great frame of mind.

Today I had an appointment to meet up with one of my uni colleagues to discuss our workbased projects. Both of us are doing ours solo and both of us have made little to no progress to date. He called me to meet and talk as he needed a bit of support and guidance.

To be honest my reaction was "no, I dont want to think about the project now. I'm on holidays and I really just want it to go away." But I would never let him down so I agreed to meet, thinking deep down there was probably no way I could help him. Well we got talking and he made some really useful suggestions and observations about my project which opened up some ideas for me about his project. I shared some info with him that he thought was a great idea and he could do similar to help progress his work. He shared a dilemma with me and I was able to offer a solution.

So where is all this heading? I love connecting with people and when its over an academic matter that requires thinking and problem solving, its even better. You know how some people just bring out the best in you (while others just make you feel like inadequate sh*t), well he's definitely the former. It makes me happy to help people, even if its in small ways and like I said the academic aspect is something I'm really getting in to.

I now feel positive about getting stuck into my project and we've decided to meet regularly to keep each other 'G'ed up. I'm also really happy that this year will be spent studying and improving myself professionally. I'm up for the challenge and the hard work that will go with it. After all, you never get anywhere if you sit back and wait for it all to fall in your lap.

Finally on a more practical note, today's schedule was seriously put out of whack when my boy decided to sleep in til after 9am and I was waiting for him to get up so I could get his breakfast and then do my training. Well all that never happened so I trained at 4.15pm. Eeegads that time is SO not my preference but it was a case of suck it up and just do it (lower body weights). I feel good that I did it but not at the thought of afternoon training.

:=)

No comments:

Post a Comment