Wednesday, January 25, 2012

21ST JANUARY - WHY ITS SPECIAL - PART 2

This date (21st January) always excites me as its exactly 6 months from my birthday. Big deal, you say, thats ages away. Yes it is but sometimes the stuff you're working on is not a 4 or 6 or 12 week project. Some stuff goes for longer and its that extended time that makes a real difference.

Although I havent stated this as a goal of any sort, one thing thats really important to me is to leave my binge eating behind me for good. Last year was a bit up and down but knowing I had the ups gives me confidence that I can do it again. As we near the end of January I can proudly say 'so far, so good'. Even when I had a less than stellar week of eating recently, it did not result in binging so I say 'thats a MAJOR win.' This is the type of long term project I'm talking about.

Taking that a step further, I then start to dream about lean and toned legs and wonder what is achievable with the pair I've been given. If only I could confidently wear a moderately short pair of shorts in summer and know that my legs look ok. I'm not talking hot pants but something thats a little shorter than mid-thigh. Again this would be a long term project and based on previous experiences I'm not even sure if its achievable or what would be required to even come close to achieving this dream.

See the stuff that fills my head?? Shallow, arent I?? LOL.

Today I trialled a Bikram yoga class before work and it was a disaster. Its pretty hot here and even though I had a tepid shower and finished with it cold, I couldnt cool down after the class. I had to put my nice work clothes on and sweat into them :-( I couldnt put make up on as my face was too sweaty (I put it on at work an hour later) and although the class finished at 8am, it was 9.10 before I was able to start work. Not happening again, I tell you!! Its Sundays only for now and then I'll reassess.

My last bit of news is that I'm now officially a uni student as I've enrolled to do the Grad Cert in Business Administration. Yep I'm excited but a bit nervous about what I'm taking on: study including contact time, reading time, assignments etc; work is ramping up to be really busy too; I still have a project to complete for my last uni course; and then there's the home to run and family time as well. Time management will need to be a first and foremost priority so if I'm not here or on FB as often, you know why.

Cheers all

M

No comments:

Post a Comment