Monday, January 2, 2012

GOALS AND PRIORITIES

On Saturday I sat with myself and Geoff Heugill's Be Your Best book and reaffirmed what was important to me in life in general and then more specifically in the coming months. Defining the person I wanted to be I just let my thoughts and feelings flow and here's what hit the page:

Healthy
Lean
Fit
Balanced
Calm

When I achieve all of these states, I honestly feel like I could conquer anything. I'm better at managing stress, at organising myself and others and I function pretty damn well. Once even one of the above starts to suffer - well so do I and the wheels can easily fall off.

My goals are really simple because that's what works for me. That and they're from the heart. They actually mean something (well a lot) to me as opposed to random stuff I've rattled off before.

In January I will:

1. Fit back into my size 11 (non-stretch) jeans by the time I go back to work on the 23rd.
2. Start my work based project in order to complete my management training course from last year.

Longer term I will:

1. Maintain my weight at 65kgs or under FOREVER.
2. Achieve a credit grade or higher for the 2 modules I need to do to get my Graduate Certificate in Business Administration.
3. Learn to use our (new) Mini Mac.

So thats it. No earth shattering surprises there but I have taken the plunge and set some goals and put them out there - something I havent done for a while. Maybe more stuff will come up during the year - who knows.

Being on holidays is fantastic as I have time to exercise in the morning WITHOUT getting up at sparrow's fart. I've prepared some fantastic, healthy food and there is no work stress breathing down my neck. I'm lapping all of this up and putting it to good use, thats for sure.

Good night for now folks and I'll be back tomorrow.

M

2 comments:

  1. "Sparrow's fart"...LMAO!!!!

    Sounds like a good honest list of goals Magda, Good luck xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. KISS principle this year, Sandra. But open to things coming up as the year progresses.

    ReplyDelete