Friday, January 27, 2012

INSPIRATION FROM A FACEBOOK FRIEND AND FELLOW BLOGGER

Hi all,

I'm at work today but seeing the time that I'm posting this you'll work out that I'm as good as not here. Lets just say, today is a low productivity day for two reasons: just about every email I've sent has come back with an 'out of office' reply and for those of us who are at work, I bet not many are giving it their all anyway. Common sense would have made the holiday today!! Rant over.

This morning I genuinely slept through my alarm (I dont use snooze but will from now on). Being a warm night we had both the air con and fan on in our bedroom so lots of background noise. Plus I put my phone under a cushion with the alarm on a low volume level so as not to wake Peter up at 4.50am. Yep, I didnt hear a thing and subsequently missed training legs which was pretty much my only chance left this week. Bugger!! Not happy about this as tomorrow I have an early start and a busy day so achieveing any training then would be a miracle.

Other than this my training has been fairly consistent so in the big picture  things are looking ok. I'm just annoyed at the small stuff getting messed up.

With the start of February fast aproaching I've been thinking about my routine, lifestyle and managing the new challenge of extra study. Sometimes I feel a little overwhelmed at the thought of what I'm taking on but today I read a brilliant status update on FB from Michelle Koen :
old mentality: Anxiety- OMG I've got so much to do!
new mentality: Gratitude & Excitement- Wow, aren't I lucky to have so much going on in my life
When you can make this switch your whole life changes.
How good is that??!! Regardless I've been plotting out a bit of a routine for study, training, family time, me time and running my home. I truly believe that this planning along with good nutrition, regular exercise and enough sleep will keep me sane and on top of it all. I'm determined to prove myself right and I better start by learning not to sweat the small stuff, hey? LOL.
Signing off now and apologies for the continued use of bold font but there is no way Blogger is allowing me to turn it off - silly bugger!!
M

5 comments:

  1. I thought that was great too. Good job Mish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous quote!

    Blogger formatting can be a bit temperamental. Go into the "edit html" tab instead of the "compose" tab when writing or editing your post, and just cut the < /b > tag at the end of the post, then paste it at the end of the piece you want highlighted.

    Easy! :) I mostly use the html tab, except when adding images, to avoid messed-up formatting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz its not often I pinch stuff from FB but that was perfectly fitting for my current situation.

    Thanks Kek. I get a bit dismayed at my lack of IT knowledge but you're really nailing the blogging ins and outs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Magda (and Michelle) I absolutely needed that right now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome Sandra and thsnk you Michelle.

    ReplyDelete