Monday, January 16, 2012

DID YOU KNOW ....


1. I had crooked bottom teeth all my life but got braces when I was 36 years old.
2. I was 14 years old when I started going out with a boyfriend who became my husband when I was 20. Incidentally he's not my current husband.
3. When I grew up I wanted to be a lawyer. But I didnt get into law at uni.
4. I got into architecture but because it was such a long degree including workbased experience, I deferred and got a job instead.
5. I've been in the public service ever since.
6. I'm an only child as is my son.
7. I've never had an overnight stay in hospital
.
8. I (too) am older than my husband :-)
9. I own WAY too many self help books but in the last 6 or so months I've come to realise that all the help I'll ever need is within me.
10.I'm not a fussy eater but I'd rather die of hunger than eat a grapefruit or raw celery.
11. My favourite scent is Obsession by Calvin Klein.


*******************
And to satisfy Liz's curiosity:
1) Morning or evening person - Morning by far. As hard as it is to sometimes get up so early, I feel great once my training is done and dusted


2) How long does it take you to get ready in the mornings? - If I'm getting just myself ready its less than an hour. If its a school day then it starts at 6am and finishes at 7.40.

3) What’s your weekly grocery bill?
- around $200
4) How much of your grocery bill is whole foods? - around 75%

5) Your opinion of daylight savings? - I've always loved it. When I lived in Queensland I missed it terribly. Dawn at 4am is just WRONG!!!


6) Mac or PC? - PC but I'm going to learn the Mac.

7) Grab your IPOD and hit “shuffle” – what’s the first song that comes up? Is it a favourite or so so? - In the Evening - Cheryl Lee Ralph. Its a good beat and motivating to exercise to but not a 'favourite'.

8) Your favourite blog of the moment? - I follow relatively few blogs now and each is a favourite for different reasons.

9) Favourite pizza topping? - Pizza Capers: Savannah - its a low fat seafood pizza with GOOD quality seafood and a decent amount of it.

10) Proudest moment lately? - My husband has been promoted to an executive position this year - well deserved!!.

11) Your favourite physical activity? - Before I was injured: running (just gradually easing back into it again) but now I love Bikram yoga.

And to satisfy Sandra's curiosity:


1. Cat or dog lover? Cat. We have a tortoiseshell puss called Miss Moneypenny. Pic is below.
2. Favourite ice-cream flavour? Cibo roasted almond gelati or Wendy's Baileys Scorched Almond. (Hmm there's a bit of a theme there).
3. How many siblings do you have? 0
4. Celebrity crush? Hugh Jackman.
5. Would you rather go to the movies or hire a DVD and stay home? Go out to a movie plus drinks and dinner (and possibly coffee after).
6. Where were you born? Novi Sad in what used to be Yugoslavia but my heritage is Hungarian.
7. Do you believe in love at first sight? At the risk of sounding cold and unromantic - no! Love is deeper and takes time to develop. But I do believe in lust at first sight LOL.
8. Lorna Jane or Target? Neither - Skins for running; anything for weight training at home and something smart and respectable for Bikram yoga.
9. Favourite movie? Forrest Gump.
10. Did you watch Kate and Will's wedding? Wasnt going to but - yes.
11. Do you have an inspirational quote that you keep coming back to? Dont die wondering what if (not sure if this was quoted by somebody famous but its my life motto).

Phew!! Thats enough self revelation for one night. And now here's our puss.





 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you were in a sharing mood, Magda! :-)...Miss Moneypenny is a "content" looking cat. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything to avoid doing a real blog post Sandra. I've been struggling lately.

    ReplyDelete