Friday, August 31, 2012

AND THE WINNER IS ........ drum roll.........

 ....... the extra session won out over the rest day - but only by a cat's whisker. 

Last night I got my gear ready and set my alarm which indicated that deep down I was happy to do the extra session. Originally my plan was: gear ready, no alarm but get up if I woke up on time. Then I had a little change of heart and turned on my alarm. Well it went off at 5am and I quickly turned it off and contemplated going straight back to sleep. But there in the bedroom doorway was our favourite feline and knowing that she would soon harass me for food, I took the plunge and got up.

Today's training was intervals on our spin bike. 10 x 30 second sprints/30 second recoveries and then 10 x 1 minute standing hill climbs/30 second seated recoveries. All up this lasts for 35 minutes with warm up and cool down and its far more effective than just pedaling away while I read a magazine (although I prefer the latter.) If you're gonna do it, make it count.

My logic as I approach the weekend is this: I rarely have time to train on a Saturday morning so that often becomes an enforced rest day. Then on Sunday our routine will be turned upside down with Fathers Day. I'm still planning a run but it will take ALL of my discipline to get out and do it after we've had our traditional family lazy breakfast in bed. Later in the day, mum and dad will come to our place for my traditional lamb shank dinner followed by a decadent dessert - I'm thinking baklava cigars as they are a dad favourite and everybody else likes them too. Hoowee I'm anticipating the sugar high already. LOL.

Life isn't always a flat line of routinely eating well and getting all your training in and this weekend will be a prime example but I'm feeling pretty good knowing I've got an extra training session or two up my belt and as long as I don't eat my body weight in pre-dinner nibbles and dessert all should be good for my longer term goals. Its all about balance, being sensible and enjoying the day rather than stressing about how many calories/fat grams/carbs were in that delicious meal.

Happy weekend to you all

:-) M

 

4 comments:

  1. Well done and well said. You have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Charlotte. I certainly intend to :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dip rеmaіning 4 tоrtillas into sauсe аnd set uρ around nеxt layer.

    Ρut together the spacе wheгe by you аre going to bе engаging in the colorng.
    A complete grаin breakfast οf old-fashioned oatmeal with almondѕ (gгind
    them up tо diѕguiѕe them, if requiгed) will hold a κid way more thаn oгange juice anԁ a bagеl.


    Feel free to visіt my website headyew53.livejournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incгease the temperature of the oven to 450 degгееs.
    I can't exactly remember why--maybe it was peer pressure from our health-driven community, who knows. It also contains asorbic acid, beet powder, dry yeast, defatted soy flour, malic acid, monocalcium phosphate, modified corn starch, natural flavors, rehydrated enzyme modified cheese, sodium bicarbonate, sorbitan monstearate, and xanthan gum.

    my webpage; pizza pan avon oh

    ReplyDelete