Tuesday, August 28, 2012

HOW TO SPICE UP SEPTEMBER??

Sadly there is no mooching around home today for me. Not sad though that Mitchell is much better and hence back at school :-) Had another day of convalescing been required, his Dad was geared up to do the home duty today.

Well my early to bed theory failed me today. It took me 5 minutes to get out of bed after some serious stern talking to myself about blowing off today's training. LOL. I guess I'm only human and there will be 'I just don't feel like it days'. But I ignored the Lazy Lucy voice, sucked it up and did my leg weights followed by 100 abs. It was a really mild morning today and Peter got it right by doing his run today. So much so that he almost conceded the run to be 'enjoyable'. (Those two words rarely appear in the same sentence for him.) I, on the other hand will be running again tomorrow when the rain has set back in, as forecast for later today :-(

As August wraps up on Friday I'm considering what I can do to spice up September in terms of my training and diet. Whilst I'm a firm believer in 'if it aint broke, don't fix it' I'm also aware that too much of the same thing can get a bit *yawn* boring. So I've got a couple of training ideas that I'm pondering and on the diet front, things may be dictated by circumstances rather than choice.

I've noticed lately that my right thumb is itchy,  tingly and red which can mean the start of another bout of dermatitis. I've been plagued by some nasty skin conditions previously but an excellent naturopath put me onto a sure fire cure some years ago. It was all dietary and quite miraculously a very nasty and persistent case of psoriasis cleared up beautifully when I made some simple dietary changes. It might be time to go down that path again to keep the dermatitis in check and reap a couple of other health benefits from the change.

Lets see what the rest of this week brings first though.

:-) M    

5 comments:

  1. Magda, I find that my skin responds quite quickly to dietary changes. Dry, flaky patches, eczema and general dull looking skin are usually awake up call that I've dropped my levels of good fats too low. And/or not enough fruit & veg.

    I had a bad run recently with eczema and dryness on my face. Two weeks back on my regular fish oil regime and my skin is really healthy again. Little things....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Magda, good job on the training! Abs and legs, - nice work! Great to hear that Peter is out running/training too :-) Glad to hear Mitchell is better.

    I'm now thinking about my skin. I've always had Raynards Phenomonum, - (hereditary, kinda poor circulation where in particular my hands and to a slight extent my legs, nose and cheeks get a various shade of purple tinge when it's sharp and cold, - and hands get dry, thin and flaky). Even if running around inside playing basketball as a kid in the NZ gyms, I noticed this purple tinge, despite some sweating. In Perth's climate, this condition is almost non exsistent, I do notice it a tad on the colder less humid winter days though. Hmmm, NZ again soon haha!

    However lately I've noticed eczema, and dermatitius on my wrists, I put it down to hands/wrists constantly in and out of chemicals at work, took off gold bracelet incase it started reacting. However in the last few weeks it 'mostly' cleared up on it's own and I'm wearing the bracelet again. Will consider diet regarding this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kek, I totally agree. Generally my skin is pretty good because I'm pretty good at keeping up my good fats (Wow, 3 'goods' in one sentence!!)but my sneaky suspicion is that the dairy is causing this and another problem. (That might be my next blog post.)

    Pip, check out my next blog post where I'll talk about my experience with diet and managing skin conditions.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magda I am working towards improving my diet, but have to go through the stage I am going through first (sugar /processed foods etc) to get to the other side of eating less processed foods... It seems to be working as I am craving green leafy salad today... I am also going to start experimenting with making my own salad dressings, and experimenting with various salads this summer :)

    I look forward to the next post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work Kristy. There wont be any surprises for you in my next post as I've emailed and FBed you about it before. But I hope you come back anyway LOL.

    ReplyDelete