Sunday, August 26, 2012

I'VE FOUND MY GROOVE

Today marked a bit of a monumental occassion.
 
I jogged continuously for 30 minutes.
 
I know, that's just earth shattering and news worthy!!
 
I dont know how many times I (re)kickstarted my running training with this goal in mind and never made it for whatever reason - couldnt be arsed, went on holidays or got injured (again). But earlier this month the number on the Metal Monster crept to one that was closer to 75 than 70 gasp and I knew it was time to stop faffing around. Four weights sessions and a bit of half hearted cardio every week just wasnt cutting it and it was time to pull out the big guns to get the results I wanted.
 
So at that awfully heavy weight I hit the road for my first running training of 5 minutes walking/5 minutes jogging and did that 4 times that week. The second week it was 5 minutes walking/10 minutes jogging and the third week it was 5 and 15. Every session was about 45 minutes and on Sundays I did about 50 -55 minutes.
 
Today being week 4, it was time to join up the 2 x 15 minute jogs into a continous 30 minutes. Deep down I knew I could do it but I've purposely gone slow and gentle so as not to aggravate my lower back, hip and associated areas injury. So far, so good.
 
Couple that with a bit of semi-Paleoish eating paying attention to portion sizes and the odd bit of IF depending on how I was feeling and what circumstances presented, and the number on the MM has been moving in the right direction. Today I said goodbye to the 70s with the intention that its for the last time.
 
But the best bit is that I've found all this relatively easy to implement and I'm not doing anything that feels like its a hard diet and/or training slog. My earlier nights have made it easier to get up early to train. I have always loved running. I still eat carbs (but mainly in the morning and then just fruit during the day). I drink cappuccinos. I have wine with some nibbles a few days every week. And I dont stress about having dinner at mum and dad's place every Tuesday. I'm going with the flow and just letting the fat melt away.
 
I seem to have found my groove and by God I'm gonna stay here!!
 
Good night all
 
:-) M

2 comments: