Monday, August 13, 2012

THAT WAS AN AWESOME WEEKEND


Wow! What an awesome weekend that was.



I took Mitchell to chess on Friday night while Peter stayed home as he’d been struck down with the dreaded lurgy since Tuesday afternoon. Sadly there was no win at chess but Mitchell played well against an older and more experienced opponent.



On Saturday I was up early to be at the hairdressers by 8am. I was in a good mood because I’d decided that I was going to enjoy this weekend. I got all adventurous again and had my hair cut short with lots of copper and blonde highlights. Here’s a (blurry) pic of my noo do:






Saturday was crazy, busy as usual with ice skating, dropping Mitchell to my mum’s, grocery shopping, picking Mitchell up blah, blah, blah. I was so on the go that I ended up having a day of accidental intermittent fasting (IF). I’d read a little about it on FB and other blogs and found it intriguing yet daunting because I always thought I could never go for long periods without food. Plus, who in their right mind would fast in the middle of a cold winter when one of life’s comforts is a hot meal. Anyway, the day ended up with me having 2 skim cappuccinos – one before the hairdresser and one at around 3pm.  I had a few nibbles with a glass of bubbly at 5pm and then later a few canapés with several glasses of champagne.



It seems this and the mandatory shape wear was all I needed to have a lovely flat stomach in my clingy dress for my GF’s party that night. I love it when an (accidental) plan comes together. Here I am before heading out.





Sadly I went to the party alone as Peter was still not well but I knew many people there and was never at a loss for company. I had a fantastic time. My GF looked gorgeous and her family (3 stepchildren, her son and her son with her current husband) were all there and 2 of the boys gave the BEST speech about her. At the end of the night, with several champagnes in me, I taxied home still feeling really happy.





Yesterday I joined her and a few close friends for lunch back at the party venue. That was a far more subdued affair as SOME people were suffering mega hangovers (LOL) but again it was a lovely day. I made sure that we had our pic taken together as a memento of her special occasion.





So there you have it - a snapshot of my awesome weekend. I managed to exercise on Sunday morning despite feeling a little seedy myself and was back out today cranking it up to the next level. My own five oh is coming and bugger if I want to greet it feeling fat and frumpy.



Cheers all



M

8 comments:

  1. Love the new hair-do Magda, very funky! Sounds like you had a lovely weekend, you look great! Thats a really nice photo of you and your friend too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magda, I LOVE the new 'do', you look fantastic! What a sexy sleek black dress too! You and your friend look really good for 49 and 50! The weekend sounded really good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new do! Glad to hear you had a great time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new hair cut, looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys. I feel great with this cut and have had so many compliments. And Pip, I bought that dress in Perth LOL and yes we dont look too bad for a pair of old ducks LMAO.

    ReplyDelete