Wednesday, August 15, 2012

CHICKEN AND EGG

The Metal Monster and I met yeterday morning and we were both pretty happy with the outcome of our exchange. Well, I was. He just flashes a few numbers up at me before being turned off and pushed back under the bathroom vanity. Little does he care what they are and how they might affect me? In fact, it’s taken a long time but I no longer freak out at the number on the scales. I instinctively know when it’s up and I can tell when it’s gone back down. I just get on for confirmation and a bit of feedback. Plus I’m still a little anal about the number and I make no apologies for that. It’s the way I’m happy to be.

So yesterday’s number was the same as when I got back from my holiday. What? No progress, you say. Err, I actually progressed the WRONG way first (anybody for cake with lunch!!) before heading back the right way. Yep one morning I saw a number that I REALLY didn’t like and it was a bit of a wake up call to get my shit together both with food and exercise.

Step one: enter stage left, the morning runs as of last Monday. I managed 3 last week and then 1 on Sunday. However I blew off my weight training L as there are only so many hours in the day and I’m also doing some yoga stretches for my back and ITB releasing.

Step two: ditch the cake at lunch time. This one is a no-brainer. Honestly, sometimes I have no brain, or maybe just my tastebuds take control. So now brain is back on, cake is gone and voila the number heads back down.

My number 1 goal this week is to better balance my training so yesterday morning it was into my studio for an upper body and core workout. I had 40 minutes and spent it wisely doing:

Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns supersetted with DB Chest Presses: 12 r x 3 s sets
Narrow Grip Lat Pulldowns supersetted with Lat Raises: 12 r x 3 s sets
Barbell Overhead Presses supersetted with Tricep Dips: 12 r x 3 s sets
At the end of each block of exercises I did a 1 minute plank on my toes.

Hooly dooly I was buggered at the end of this but I did feel good.

Number 2 goal is to keep the food sensible. Skip the cake at lunch time (and most other times), bring something yummy from home for lunch (I do this pretty much all the time anyway), stay away from the ‘chips for charity’ box and remember that hot lemon water is my friend.

Simple really. Oh and it helps that I’m in a happy and good headspace which incidentally is helped along by my clothes fitting better and me feeling better. Did someone say ‘chicken and egg.’

2 comments:

  1. I feel success coming your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My arms are wide open to welcome it. (Its taken long enough!!)

    :-) M

    ReplyDelete