Monday, August 27, 2012

MOOCHING AROUND HOME

Today my boy is home with an awful runny and blocked nose. He doesnt feel sick but he's so congested and nasally that we thought it best that he stays home from school. At least it saves the "please come and pick up your sick child from school" phone call during the day. I could tell this was going to be the case yesterday already so I didnt set my alarm for 5am (YAY!!). Instead I headed out at 6.30 in semi daylight and knocked off another 45 minutes of cardio including jogging for 30 minutes straight. Inhaled a bowl of sultanas/bran/oats/egg whites and LSA for breakfast. I was HUNGRYYYYYY!!
 
So with a day free to mooch around (I wasnt set up to work from home today) I've been happily pottering and getting a myriad of things done. But the most important was a weights session for back, chest and core. I'm loving my training at the moment but am looking to tweak it to 3 weights sessions / week instead of just 2. Today was the perfect opportunity to get that 3rd session in without having to train at an odd time. The sun was out. My studio was warm. I stripped down to a tank-top and rocked out an awesome session at the end of which I could barely move, let alone lift my arms. LOL.
 
Geez, I could get used to this life if only my salary kept landing in our bank account each fortnight :-)

3 comments:

  1. Yes, it's a shame nobody wants to pay us for staying home and having fun.

    Hope the snot-bug vanishes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your son feels better tomorrow. Sounds like you had a nice productive day anyway, awesome work on the 30 minute jogs - I'm just getting back into being able to jog for 5 minutes straight LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn right Kek. Snot-bug is just about gone so it looks like life will go back to normal tomorrow.

    Thats where I started a few weeks ago Hilary and look at me now LOL. I swear there's nothing better for getting the weight off than hitting the road and running (for me anyway).

    ReplyDelete