Friday, August 17, 2012

A CASE OF DUTY NOT LOVE


WARNING: BAD LANGUAGE AHEAD.

Not sure what planet I was on today. Its been bitterly cold and stormy here in lil ol’ Adelaide. I’m even told that it hailed overnight. I must have been having one fantastic sleep.

Let me paint the scenario.

Alarm at 5am. Switch off quickly and ignore it. Miss Moneypenny meows and I know she won’t stop til I get up and feed her. She can be so selfish sometimes.



Its quiet outside and my running gear is all ready to be put on and in all honesty I don’t want to do a leg weights session. Dress in running gear. Do morning duties including feeding the demanding moggy and step outside in about 9 degrees.

Hmm its not too bad (in my sheltered side yard.) Off I go, not happy but ok with it all.

Reach the main road close to our place and turn south onto it. FAAAARK its blowing a gale L L it feels like its about minus 5 degrees.

What the fuck am I doing out here?

I fucken hate this!

This is fucken ridiculous. NOBODY comes out in this weather at this stupid hour.

I’m fucken going back home and I even turn right, back towards my home, swearing and cussing as I now jog along.

Coming from the opposite direction is woman I regularly see out walking early. We always say a quick hello as we pass each other and yes she’s out powering along.

Hmm well if she can do this, then maybe so can I. I’ll just keep going for a little while but still go home early.  And this is how I felt for the first 25 minutes. At about the 30 minute mark I started to feel good knowing I only had one more walk interval (5 minutes) and 1 jog interval (10 minutes).

Fuck, I’m gonna nail this today. If I’ve suffered through this much shit up to now, I might as well get the job done properly. And I did.

Apologies for the swearing but it’s my true life account of this morning’s exercise. Definitely a case of duty and not love.

4 comments:

  1. Impressive! You are on fire! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either that or I've totally lost my marbles. Gosh it was a horrible morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been known to curse like a wharfie while exercising. Well done on getting it done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Michelle. I actaully wondered whether this post was just a bit too crass and maybe I should tone it right down but then went with the total honesty. Geez we'd had some awful weather and that was a particularly bad morning.

    ReplyDelete