Tuesday, May 29, 2012

CHECK UP PART ONE

BP: 104/65 - excellent result. Peter says I dont have enough stress in my life LOL.

BMI: 24.?? - Dr Mark says to keep this under 25 (at which point I officially become 'overweight'). I confess that I'm a few kilos heavier than I'd like to be. He reassures me I'm lighter than on another occassion (he doesnt say when). We agree it comes on too easily and is hard to get off.

Fasting bloods will be done tomorrow morning then back for results a few days later. Problems at the 'other end' are not considered a problem (no risk of over servicing here) and I'll qualify for the government's free faecal screening (eeeeuw!!!) in a year and a bit anyway. Mark that down as a milestone to look forward to LOL.

Dr Mark agreed that mum being type 2 diabetic was a small warning to me but regular check ups would highlight any potential problems. I'm ok with that.

So tomorrow is a no breakfast day so I can front up for the "lets dig the needle in and pray we find a vein" torture session so some sadist can collect vials of my blood for one big science experiment. Looking forward to getting all the numbers back :-)

Good night all

M

No comments:

Post a Comment