Thursday, May 24, 2012

CHALLENGED BY THE COLD AND WET WEATHER


Tell me I'm not alone in my 'challenge' of staying motivated to eat well as the weekend draws closer. Or maybe its the bitterly cold and wet weather we had today, but the tin of salmon that was going to be accompanied by a shop bought salad (a place near work does fresh organic salads) just had Z.E.R.O. appeal for lunch. I had nothing packed due to there being slim pickings at home to prepare and we all finished dinner later than usual due to an impromptu request for pancakes for dessert. So today ended up being a bit of a 'buy lunch and try not to do TOO much damage' day. Oh that and 'yes I want a feta and spinach scone for morning tea but I dont NEED one so I'll settle for a skim cappuccino only' day.

I now have DOMS in my chest, glutes and adductors so a nice spread of the love/pain hapening there. I dont mind the constant reminder that I worked hard(ish) and my muscles are feeling it. Tomorrow I'll round off my weight training with shoulders, bis and tris and that'll be full body done over the course of the week :-) VERY happy with that.

But there is one thing that I'll be even happier about tomorrow. My blogging buddy Sandra is attending a conference here in Adelaide and tomorrow we meet face to face for the first time and have lunch together. I have my camera packed in my bag and am REALLY looking forward to it. We talked on the phone last night and she has a lovely, well spoken voice. I dont have to say 'I know we'll hit it off' because we already have through our blogs and comments to each other. Stay tuned for the pics.

Anyway its time to get ready for an early bed so that I'm up and at it at 5 again. That too is a challenge on these cold, wet mornings but I've managed to suck it up and just get on with it so far.

Good night all.

:-) M

3 comments:

  1. Cold, miserable weather makes me want hot, filling, tasty food. Salads definitely don't cut it. Luckily soup does, and so does my fruit compote when I want something sweet.

    Getting out of bed in the wee cold hours is a whole other thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally get it Magda, all salads are out the door at our place and I live in Qld :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guys, I've declared it "NO SALAD ZONE" until about October now and as you say Kek, its about hot, filling food so I'm not searching for a toasted foccacia at lunch time. It'll be cook up time on the weekend so there's always some healthy, tasty and heatable (is that even a word??) available to eat.

    xx m

    ReplyDelete