Saturday, May 12, 2012

THE 5 HOUR LUNCH

Once every couple of months I get together with a special girlfriend that I've been friends with since we were teenagers. We meet for lunch on a Saturday, always dressed up and choose nice places to go. A bottle of bubbly is usually on the menu and some retail therapy to follow. Her husband is often on stand-by to pick us up when we're done - always several hours later.

Today was that lunch day. We went local so I wouldnt be too late after meeting my ice skating taxi service obligations. We had a lovely meal, the obligatory bottle of bubbly and then wandered around the local shops and boutiques. We had a coffee out, shopped some more and then "nightcapped" at one of the really nice pubs in my area. The lunch date went for 5 hours LOL.

As I write this tonight, I'm not feeling my best physically (could well have skipped dinner but Peter cooked it so I ate it.) but that doesnt detract from how good a day I had. The last time I met her was right in the thick of my depression when I was feeling fat, miserable and ugly. That lunch was a struggle. It was good to see and feel the difference today. I guess I just need to get better at balancing the food and drink on the social ocassions so that I dont slip into this blaaaah feeling. But I'm sure all will be good for tomorrow.

Good night all

M

No comments:

Post a Comment