Tuesday, May 15, 2012

SHIT HAPPENS - PART 2

Today was all about fixing yesterday's fuck up with the roller coaster of 'ok, things are looking up' to 'shit, this could get worse'. In the scheme of things nobody died, nobody lost their job, nobody lost lots of money so it wasn't that bad. But working in government means that anything politically sensitive (and yes this was) must be reported to your Minister and any other relevant Ministers. I scored our Minister and the Treasurer! It ended as well as it could have at 6pm today with my boss and I working together to do the last bit of 'fixing'. By that stage I had a stomach ache (stress related) and was exhausted. In fact I had the stomach ache for most of the afternoon. I skipped dinner at my parents' house and came home to unwind on my own. Thanks to Peter for stepping up and dealing with a difficult parenting issue as well. I just wasn't up to it tonight. I'm off to bed now. Tomorrow will be a better day. I will exercise. I will eat well and I will tackle the other jobs that desperately await my attention. M

No comments:

Post a Comment