Friday, May 11, 2012

FUTURE POSSIBILITIES

Its been an interesting week. I did manage to train on Wednesday doing back, chest and core strengthening work. Training chest after some time away always gives me DOMS to remind me to keep training consistently. Yeah, yeah I know but I still get slack about it. On a roll, I got up yesterday and did my trusty Legs - Back to Basics session. You couldnt get more basic than barbell squats, static lunges (I think most people call them split squats), stiff legged deadlifts and wide legged squats. And the weights I used were as piddly as, because again, I dont train consistently enough to improve my leg strength. But I did focus very strongly on good form, tight core etc and today I have the DOMS as my reward for my efforts.

Sadly the roll didnt last to this morning as I awoke and heard rain drops on the roof so immediately used that as an excuse to blow off my training. To compensate I finished work earlier and did a nice brisk 45 minute walk home. Training?? Not exactly, but better than nothing.

At beer o'clock tonight Peter and I got onto the subject of fitness, weight, goals etc as he is outright perplexed that I cant seem to get to my 'happy weight' despite knowing how miserable I am when I'm heavier than I like to be. It was a great conversation and without going over the minutae of it, I'll just say that its sparked the possibility of an exciting future goal. Ironically the idea is something I've been tossing around in my head for a little while so it was interesting that Peter brought it up because I certainly hadnt. Anyways its something I need to give a lot more thought to not just in my head but also in my heart.

Having said all that I've been happy with this week becasue I havent aimed for perfection, just a reasonabe consistent effort and I've managed that.

Cheers all

Magda

3 comments:

  1. Now I'm really curious!!! Please share:)

    Gillian xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, it's interesting because I'm sure Michael feels the same way about my weight loss struggles...he knows how confident and generally happy with life I am when at my "happy weight", so why not just do everything I can to get there?
    Hey, in a fortnight's time we will have had that long-awaited catch up.xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gillian, I will share, just not quite yet. If I do this, I want to do it properly. Actions vs talk and no more big statements followed by no action. Plus I need to be sure that it's the right decision before I bang on about it.

    Sandra I love how Peter can take the emotion, hang-ups, doubts and fears out of a situation and drill it down to the cold, hard logical facts. Sometimes it's just what I need but I don't always listen. It's that male philosophy - if there's a problem, it's their job to fix it. Michael sounds very similar.

    ReplyDelete