Friday, May 4, 2012

CELEBRATION TIME


Its so good to be writing some good news in a week that started off in a pretty crappy way. Monday was totally chaotic at work with 2 crazy deadlines that were impossible to achieve without help from my team. Thanks to a huge effort from our Admin Coordinator and my Director, I made it but it certainly left me drained and headachy for the rest of the day.

Fast forward to 4.30 and it was exam time and I was going in knowing I had prepared well but there could always be something to throw me off track. By about 7pm I was so exhausted I couldn’t think straight. I had to literally shake it out and press on but even then, I didn’t finish all of the questions.

Well the final results came out today and I’m over the moon for achieving my goal of a credit mark. I set out with this goal and I must admit, there were times when the going got so tough I downgraded to “OMG please just let me pass” before my confidence bounced back to “yes I CAN do this and I WANT that credit.”

Why is this such a big deal?
Because I forget SO much stuff. I have days when it feels like my brain is full up and nothing else can go in. Then I have days where I feel ‘totally blonde’ or ‘vacant’.
Because I doubt my abilities on just about every level.
Because lately I’ve been setting goals and then blowing them off instead of achieving them.
Because it just is …for me.

Its was chess night tonight so I’ll save the celebration to the weekend – oh well I did have a glass of champagne – you know me J But honestly, what a relief just knowing I made it and the credit mark is a real bonus.
 
M

5 comments: