Tuesday, May 8, 2012

MY NAPPING MOJO

Are there any other early morning people out there who are struggling with their early mornings lately? I managed an early night last night and my alarm went off at 5am. Normally I wake up quickly and easily but after promptly turning my alarm off I fell back asleep almost instantly. It was only our pussy cat meeowing for food that woke me and forced me out of bed. So without enough time to do a decent weights session I went for a walk/jog instead. Well that was my intention until my right knee started aching like mad on my second jog interval and I downgraded to a walk the rest of the way. Over our morning coffee out later, Peter commented that I was sounding like an old wreck and admittedly I found it hard to dispute :-(

I spent this morning at a leadership training course that focussed on workplace wellbeing. It was well run and well presented and helped me to connect some dots that had been a constant mystery to my ever inquisitive brain. It had quite a large psychological component and the presenter really knew her stuff. It was the sort of course where I could have stayed all day happy to learn more and more. Alas my desk was calling with lots of "real work" waiting for my loving attention so it was back to the grind for the afternoon.

Well I'm keeping it short and sweet tonight with the intention of bouncing out of bad at 5am to lift heavy things and put them down. Whilst I havent lost my mojo, I'm finding that its taking lots of naps when I most need it.

M

8 comments:

  1. Magda, I've never been an early morning exerciser...some mornings in Autumn I am just awestruck with the beauty of nature out there and would love to go for a brisk walk but getting two teenagers off to school on time takes hours!
    Hope you got to lift this morning.xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know this early early bird. Well, she hasn't been quite so early these days either. I always wake naturally, never to an alarm but that time is getting later and later. Yesterday, at 5.15 am I really didn't want to get up and take Peppi walking but got the guilts so did but this morning didn't wake till 5.36 am when I heard Jason in the kitchen and thought bugger Peppi today I'm staying in bed with Dave. I don't know if it's the cold we're experiencing in Brisbane now, the fact that it stays dark later or the nightly glass of red wine :). And I still have a nap during the day. I must have been extra tired last night as I was in bed and asleep at 8.30 pm which meant 9 hours sleep. That is just unheard of for me. Anyway, I'm enjoying it whilst it lasts and going with the seasons :).

    SS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magda I am starting to wake at 5am, 20 mins in bed checking emails etc, then up at 5.30 for my walk/run and this morning added a few body weight exercises in at the school oval. The mornings this week have been magical with the supermoon. It's like a lamp, not sure how safe I will feel when there is no moon out as it's very dark in my neck of the woods :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Sandra - I'm hearing you on the getting to school business. Try it with a 10 year old boy - AAAAARGH!!! I hate nagging but I swear if I didnt it would be lunch time before he was ready. PS I got to lift this morning :-)

    SS, thats amazing coming from you as you are the queen of early mornings. Like you, I think I needed 2 decent nights sleep to bounce back from the late Sunday night. Thanks to pussycat I did get up but REALLY didnt want to.

    Supermoon? Have I missed something Kristy? Great work on your early morning exercise though. No matter how much I grizzle about it, I feel great when its done :-) and I'm sure you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have struggled this week and have slept in every morning. For me, I think it's just because I have come off the challenge so my poor old bod is needing the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magda they were calling the full moon a supermoon because it is the closest to the earth that it will be this year, hence it is very very bright and very beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kristy. It was pretty speccy as it was rising last night - albeit not being full anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magda - I'm leaning towards just getting on the silly plane and gritting my teeth until I land in Adelaide...LOL
    I'm staying at the Intercontinental (North Terrace ?) in Adelaide. Touch down is 10.25am so not sure how long til I get to the city...email me on smdennis49@yahoo.com.au and we'll try to work out some details xo

    ReplyDelete