Monday, May 28, 2012

CHECK-UP TIME

Wow, another busy weekend has bitten the dust. My boy had his final skating lesson until after our holiday so I get a few weeks leave from sitting in the ice box on Saturday mornings. On Saturday evening we went briefly to a school function for year 4 parents but sadly those parents that we know better werent there so we kept it short and sweet. We were home and tucked into bed just after 10pm LOL.

My mum's birthday is coming up soon and I cooked dinner for our family as an early celebration on Sunday evening. I bought some pork fillets and cut a long slit in each one and stuffed them with a mix of sauteed onion and mushrooms mixed with home made breadcrumbs and an egg. Then I wrapped each fillet in very thinly sliced prosciutto, lightly pan fried them and then baked them in the oven. I did a potato bake along a similar theme with thinly sliced potatoes, a little olive oil and lightly sauteed slices of peperoni all mixed together and oven baked til soft and crispy. Dessert was a Greek style semolina cake with a lemon syrup. It was delicious and my work colleagues enjoyed the left-over cake so Peter and I wouldnt have to eat it all.

Tomorrow I see my GP for my annual check up. I dont think I've seen him since Feb last year when I had my last check up, me being so damned healthy and all LOL. But now that mum is type 2 diabetic and I have a few extra kilos on me, I cant afford to stick my head in the sand and pretend that it couldnt hapen to me. So I'll be getting bloods done along with the routine checks and following up another private matter that could be problematic. My motto: 'Tis better to know and do something about it than to kid yourself thinking ignorance is bliss'.

Cheers all

M

2 comments:

  1. I've never subscribed to the "ignorance is bliss" theory either, Magda. I'm always fronting up to my GP saying "I've got this skin spot..." or some other thing. And I never miss a screening test either. Luckily so far my problems have turned out to be relatively minor. :)

    Hope all's well with your check up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kek, I have very little wrong but am now making sure on an annual basis that things stay that way. Fasting bloods will be done tomorrow and then back to GP for all results in a few days.

    ReplyDelete