Saturday, August 20, 2011

MORE TURMOIL

Well there's nothing like a bit more turmoil just to keep me on my toes.

We (all 3 of us) spent Friday morning in the Emergency section of the Women's and Children's Hospital with what could have turned into an emergency surgery for our boy. A visit to our local clinic got us a referral which guaranteed us an instant admission and in a few hours it was all over and we could fortunately go home.

I admit there was a moment there when I really worried about my boy going under the fog and the knife. Just the thought of him needing an injection(s) had me shuddering. He is totally terrified of them and I wasnt confident that I could keep him calm or keep myself calm when faced with his terror and pain.

But God looked down on us and said this was not the time and we could all breathe easy and enjoy the rest of the day. We headed out to a nice cafe where Peter and I had coffee, Peter had a cake, I had raisin toast (I'd had no breakfast til then) and our boy enjoyed a triple choc cookie. Life was good, as it should be, not being holed up in a hospital ward. For this I am truly grateful.

And to my boy's credit, a few hours on the couch at home and he had the speediest recovery so that by the evening you'd never have known what had gone down that morning.

So this truly has been the wierdest week and Peter and I are seriously looking forward to some sense of normality again.

M

5 comments:

  1. So glad all is well with your boy, Magda...hope you get some down-time for what's left of the weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandra. well it was a mega busy weekend but better that than sitting in a hospital ward, me thinks.

    Thanks Shelley. Yes there are some conditions with the boy bits that get treated very seriously and that was suspected for our boy. Luckily after a very thorough exam (poor kid, he suffered through a lot) he was given the all clear and no surgery was required.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad everything has worked out ok Magda, but sounded stressful for a bit...

    Hope you enjoyed your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah we were worried for a while there but all was good in the end and its been a great weekend. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete