Wednesday, August 10, 2011

2 MONTHS

Despite writing the date many times today, the significance of it was totally lost on me until I was walking to my car at the end of the day.

On the10th of June I took my first step into trying something totally different that went against all I had believed in for the majority of my 48 years. I entered unchartered territory nervous with no clear path ahead of me, no light to guide me nor a set of clear directions or a how-to manual. Yet I knew it was time to give this a try. What I had relied so heavily on before yet had let me down time and time again was about to be given the boot.

"DIETING, ITS TIME TO GO!"

Oh I could say so much about this last 2 months but I'll save it for a little further down the track. I still have moments when I wonder if / when it all might fall in a heap. There is no smugness about what I've achieved as I know its still relatively early days.

But today I celebrate a solid 2 months where I've had a balanced and healthy relationship with food and an absence of behaviours that used to upset me and make me feel ashamed. My weight hasnt skyrocketed, in fact I'm about a couple of kilos down on where I was 2 months ago and wearing clothes that I have avoided for years.

I havent felt the need to eat everything that was previously on my banned foods list. But I try to incorporate some treat food or wine every day to practice the art of moderation. I have eating freedom and it feels great. I'm more relaxed, happier, calm and balanced and Peter is loving the positive changes in me, as I am too.

So tonight I say "ROCK ON" cause if it aint broke, dont fix it.

:-) M

4 comments:

  1. Great post, Magda. ..and if it all falls in a heap, just pick yourself up and do it all over again. Each time the "damage" will be less.xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats true Sandra. It feels good to be powering along though.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. "ROCK ON" Sista! Yahoo for you. xxx

    ReplyDelete