Sunday, September 16, 2012

THE BIRTHDAY WEEKEND

Last night we treated ourselves to a nice dinner out for Peter's birthday. Lately we've been doing mostly cafes without lashing out for restaurant prices but this time we decided to go one better. We'd heard that Ambrosinis was really good and judging by how long they've been in their digs (decades!!) we figured they must be doing something right.
 
Well, we werent disappointed. The food was superb and the servings were quite generous even though I ordered 2 entrees. Last night took me back to my days of 'oh my, this is SO good, I must eat it all.' I tell you, old habits die hard and yep I ate WAY too much. If we go back for my birthday, I'm going to be a bit smarter about my order. But geez, it was good :-)
 
There was no way I could blow off my run/walk today despite feeling like a baby elephant. I just sucked it up and did it managing a 45 minute jog - 5 minutes up from last week. But that is my limit as when I revert to a walk to finish off the session, I can feel my right hip aching :-( Today's total was an hour and 12 mins but my jogging was pretty much a Cliff Young Shuffle. It also hasnt been too hard to keep my eating pretty light today. Trying to balance out yesterday's indulgence.
 
Anyways its been an awesome birthday weekend which I've enjoyed as much as Peter :-) I've eaten some REALLY yummy food, drunk some very nice wine and champagne AND kept up all of my training - even doing my back - chest - core workout yesterday afternoon (unheard of for me). I guess things are different for me this time around. I have my goal and I'm pretty focussed on it but still relaxed enough to enjoy the fun things that life offers. Yep I can say I'm in a pretty good place.
 
:-) M
 
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment