Tuesday, September 18, 2012

RE-BALANCED

Well its taken a couple of days to rebalance from the weekend's excesses. Sunday passed ok but yesterday was just awful. I was really hungry and extra sensitive to the cold. My system was all out of whack and I quietly promised myself to treat it better in future. Oh well, lesson learned. An early bedtime with a read of the paper was very welcome. I hoped I'd wake with enthusiasm for the day ahead which was to start with a legs and abs session.

I was in 2 minds about meeting with the MM today but after convincing myself that I'd be totally ok with an increase in the numbers (after all I had really indulged on Saturday night and somewhat on Friday too) I decided to face up to the damage. OMG there was a decrease and I'm now in the 67s. FAR OUT!!!! I've been chugging water and herbal teas like there's no tomorrow and food's been mainly clean but that was unbelievable. So there you had a guaranteed spring in my step and a smile on my face :-)

I nailed legs and abs maintaining my small increases in weights every week. Sometimes my right hip aches but its not serious. I know if I maintain good form and nudge the weights up slowly, I should have no problems. I guess the other risk is that I fall into too much of a routine with my weights and cardio and don't make gains or improvements but right now it appears to be working for me so I'll stay with what makes me happy.

Not much else to report as life has gone back to its normal routine. Work has picked up and I'm nicely busy again (I had a couple of very quiet weeks not long ago) and we're coming into a busy social period but that no longer worries me. I know what I'm happy doing and I'm sticking with it.

:-) M 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are in a great place at the moment. Yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work with the quick re-balancing after the weekend Magda! AND even better that you don't need to acknowledge a scale drop to possible dehydration as you've been on the water the last couple of days! (After a big night on wine as long as I don't overindulge food wise I often see a temporary drop, - that is regained the next day when I rehydrate with water). Nice work on training front too!

    Am loving your work and I loved Craig Harper's post today as well about living in alignment with your values!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I'm tracking well Michelle :-)

    Pip, I was SURE I'd see a spike up on the scales but like I said, WOW and I dont think its dehydration because I drank (and peed) heaps yesterday. Although in hindsight I ate very little else on Saturday and Sunday was VERY light. So maybe my overall calories balanced out (I rarely count them anymore). BTW I too loved Mr Harper's message today.

    xx m

    ReplyDelete