Friday, September 7, 2012

JUST FORGING AHEAD

Today was show day for me and my boy. Sad to say that I was underwhelmed and unimpressed this year. In fact we both were, judging by our measly 2 1/2 hours there before we declared 'enough is enough'. Having said that, we love the ferris wheel (excpet the winds were arctic and we froze at the top) and the dogs were lovely. We couldnt find the cats but I got to see the alpacas (which I love). After that it was all pretty much down hill.
 
On a completely different matter, I'm pleased to say that yesterday's unfavourable meeting with the MM is well and truly behind me and I'm forging ahead with what I know I need to do. So much so that I wasnt even tempted by the hot cinnamon donuts or the churros or the .... well you know how it is. I'm not one of those people who can honestly scoff at all of that because I DO love those junky foods but I'm slowly learning that they will do nothing to help me get where I want to be. Gee, some life lessons are tough LOL.
 
Training has been good and despite the bad weather this week, I managed 3 runs and an interval session on the bike. Not exactly what I wanted but better than blowing off the session and staying in bed. Being mindful around my food choices as well and watching that I dont go silly with portion sizes. Hopefully the MM will cooperate.
 
Anyways thats enough for one night so good night all :-)

M
 


No comments:

Post a Comment