Thursday, September 13, 2012

MY THURSDAY IN PICTURES

 
Today started with shoulders-bis-tris to wrap up this week's weight training. I'm a bit anal about recording things and for as long as I can remember I have kept a record of what training I do. There is no fancy journal for me, I just use old programs flipped over and manually write out what I'm doing. Here you can (just) see my shoulders-bis-tris program and underneath is my record of my leg training.
 
 
And this notebook is my official record of all my training + a record of my weight (if I check it). All my cardio goes in here and just what muscle groups I've weight trained. Like I said, I love to keep records and have done so for quite some time. Perhaps I should invest in a fancy journal but then think 'whats the point? My system works for me.'
 
 
This is the lovely cafe that Peter and I visit on most mornings before work for a quiet coffee and chat after the morning mayhem at home. We've been doing this for a while and the owners know us well to the point that we pay for two regular cappuccinos although we order one weak and one strong. The owners said that what they save on mine (the weak one) they direct to Peter's (the strong one) and there should be no extra charge. Hence we keep going back.
 
 
I got home from work early and I knew Peter would be late so I whipped up his absolute favourite dessert, this Coffee Liqueur Cheesecake as a surprise for his birthday tomorrow. The dark blobs are a mixture of dark chocolate, coffee, coffee liqueur and an egg yolk and then swirled through the cheesecake mix. My swirling was a total failure (I suck at melted chocolate things - overdone again!) but I guarantee there wont be a word of complaint about the chunky coffee/chocolate bits in it.
 
Happy birthday darling. I love you very much.
 
 
I think a person's bedside table says a LOT about who they actually are. Here's what's currently on mine. I'm reading Bear Grylls' life story and can I tell you, I'm LOVING it. Its not my usual type of book but after only a few chapters I'm impressed by the way it addresses some important life lessons. Next is my 'Quest for Eternal Youth Bible' (LOL) the Perricone Promise and my 'Get Your Shit Together Bible' Fattitude by Craig Harper. Under all that is my iPad for those last or first minute ventures onto FB and a spare bookmark. OK I confess, I cleaned up some other crap in the interests of 'uncluttered photography'.
 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Love your training journal Magda! Personally I always find it much more interesting keeping a record of my training than food! If I record food I prefer stuff as, - 'on track', 'tired, perhaps not carbed up enough, sleep deprived, dehydrated slightly', 'uncomfy wind from protein instead of carb snack prior to running' instead of a precise list of food and quantities!

    Lol on the coffees! We do the same for our coffee customer couples in our shop where I work! Generally a medium sized coffee is 2 coffee shots, however an extra shot is 40 cents extra. However a 1 shot medium coffee on it's own is no cheaper than 2 shots! So when the wife has one shot, her hubby has 3, we just charge for 2 medium regular double shot coffees! Typically the best coffee shots come out of our machine when a double shot is extracted, - so if someone wants a 1 shot coffee and there is no one directly behind them wanting to order, we have to throw the other shot out!

    Awww delicious looking cheesecake! In a very light hearted way, keep control with serving size, and don't let possible overindulgence of Friday birthday party wine let you eat more cheesecake than you are going to regret later on, - you know that anyway ;) x It's just what I need to make sure of at the mom

    ent for me lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just use a exercise book too for all my training, but I also write down how I'm feeling and anything else relevant to my progress like compliments, or feeling yuk or whatever - makes for fun reading down the track!

    That cheesecake looks delish! Hope your husband has a nice birthday. Oh and what does my bedside table say about me: alarm clock, two baby monitors, a packet of Fishermans Friends, and a couple of snotty tissues!???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Magda, have been enjoying your photo posts lately. Cheesecake looks and sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pip, fortunately the chunks of dark chocolate/coffee in this cheesecake make it WAY less appealing to me. Its one I can easily resist. I've had a small slice and whats left over tomorrow night will be portioned out and frozen.

    LOL Hilary. I must confess that I cleaned up unfinished crosswords, a record of my short and long term goals and just other bits of odd crap. So the photo I posted is not an accurate account.

    Thanks Charlotte :-)

    ReplyDelete