Monday, March 26, 2012

WEEKENDITIS

There is no denying that the journey from being podgy and feeling unfit to being in a truly balanced and happy place is a rocky and winding road. Since my turnaround from earlier this month when it was time to say "enough is enough, lets get moving again and lets eat mindfully with a focus on self-care", its been a bit of a topsy turvy ride. Lets just say that I havent nailed it in one but that I keep plugging away at it.

My downfall of late has been weekenditis. Eating when I'm not hungry, having a piece of cake with coffee when the coffee alone would be enough and then eating because "its time". Any gains achieved throughout the week are quickly undone and I start Monday feeling podgy and wondering what clothes are going to fit. To take this a step further, our cruise is about 12-13 weeks away and I dont want to be feeling or looking like this.

I've considered many different tools to help me achieve my goal - which incidentally is not  about dieting and weight loss - but more about finding my answer to happy eating and weight management. I went down a path just last week only to reach a dead end and decide the Universe was telling me that was not the answer. Then last night I was looking for something to read before going to sleep and I picked up a book I had read just last year. Jackpot!! It was just what I needed to be reminded of and it spoke to me like nothing else recently. I read a chapter last night and then managed another 3 or so at lunch time today recalling how I had related so well to its message before.

I'll be signing off shortly to devour a few more chapters and then starting tomorrow with a positive outlook about food and other pleasures.

Bon soir

:-) M

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...you're sounding very *French* there, Magda?
    It is a hard act to find one path to answer our questions,isn't it? I totally relate to this post.
    Good luck xo

    ReplyDelete