Tuesday, March 20, 2012

THE BIG FERRIS WHEEL OF LIFE

In the big ferris wheel of life, its certainly nice to be on the rise rather than the fall. Since making my decision on Sunday to blow off the next diet and replace it with mindful eating and a focus on taking the best care of myself, I've felt like a weight's been lifted just from that (sorry no pun intended).

Already I'm reaping some benefit through my clothes fitting better. At lunch on Saturday two weekends ago I wore my pink Zara skirt (refer to Christmas Eve pics posted in late December or early January). Only on that Saturday my skirt was tight and I looked and felt awful. My friend arrived in a tight fitting black dress that looked fantastic, making me feel even worse. I really struggled with my self esteem and body image that day. I just cant pretend that I feel good with extra weight. I have that pink skirt on today and whilst its still got a way to go before its falling off me (LOL), it is no longer embarrassingly tight :-) :-)

We're having a little spate of hot weather which will sadly end tomorrow. I took advantge of it this morning, doing an unscheduled walk/jog in the relative warmth. It was a nice start to the day and tomorrow I'll be dragging out the warmer autumn clothes - which I'm kinda looking forward to as well. I've said it before, but I DO love autumn and winter fashions especially. I've never come out and said this, but winter is the only time I'll wear a short(ish) skirt. I might go just above the knee in summer but in winter I'll be daring and go a smidge higher. Why? Because I can cover my legs in tights and not be self conscious about them. Wierd, isnt it??

M

3 comments:

  1. Always a positive feeling when clothes start to fit you better! I'm a HUGE fan of winter fashion - dont get to wear much of it up here though!

    Magda I just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award... details over on my blog!

    Hilary xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz. Positive is much better than negative.

    Wow Hilary. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I'll pop it into my next blog post :-)

    ReplyDelete