Monday, March 12, 2012

GLASSES AND WEEKEND ROUND UP




I only wear glasses for reading but I love how they look on me. Above is the first pair I got about 2 1/2 years ago. Just recently I managed to put a big scratch right in the middle of the right lens so it was time for an eye test and new glasses.






So here is pair number 1 with quite a dark rimmed frame and little bit of bling on the sides. The frame is plastic so its very light and easy to wear. I like these but .....









Here is pair number 2 with a metal frame in a  mulberry colour thats not showing up in the pic :-( There is also a nice detail at the sides with the frame wider than the lenses and the obligatory bling. These are my favourites and I wish I could wear them all time. I snapped these self portraits on Friday feeling relieved that my facial blemishes had finally cleared up. When I'm stressed I have a bad habit of picking at my skin and in a couple of days I can turn beautiful clear skin into an ugly spotty mess. Thats been my life lately but I'm concentrating hard on leaving my face alone.

WEEKEND ROUND - UP

Its now the end of my 4 day weekend and I feel so different to when it started. I'm pleased to say that I have scored some runs in the form of:

1. Exercising 4 days straight: 1 hour walk; leg training; 53 min walk/jog; back/shoulders/abs + 35 min walk today. Nothing massively intense or long but there is leg DOMS and there will be some ab DOMS too I'm sure. The weather has been glorious so the walks have been really enjoyable.

2. I have eaten well for 3 of the 4 days with only a little alcohol and very few nibbles at 5pm. I've kept my dinners pretty clean and portion sizes on the smaller side. I feel so much better for this. I did indulge at lunch out on Saturday but when I wasnt hungry at dinner time, I didnt eat. Simple really.

3. I have taken time to enjoy myself and not rush around stressing about everything. Today I shelved the study and went to the beach with my boys. I'm not a beach lover as such but it was nice to be out in the fresh air getting sand between my toes and catching up on some light reading.

4. And finally and almost most importantly, I've slept well and feel refreshed and energetic again. I've gone to bed at a reasonable time and not been up early and my body has thanked me for it thats for sure.

It hasnt all been perfect as I've still had some difficult periods but they have lessened as the weekend has progressed. These last 6 or so weeks have been a huge learning experience for me, culminating in some deep introspective thinking thats helped me to put the pieces together and better understand the whys and wherefores of this mysterious thing called life.

But thats an entirely new post, me thinks.


2 comments:

  1. Love the glasses, Magda. I need to have my eyes checked right now and I think a new set of frames will be on the cards ;-)
    So good to hear that the weekend did you some good, you can actually feel it reading your words, you are definitely sounding "lighter". xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy choosing new frames as much as I did Sandra. The assistant helping me couldnt believe that just about every style suited me (the benefits on an oval face!)

    Even this afternoon at work, I'm still feeling calm and balanced which is fantastic. Lets hope it stays this way after I've finished today's extra voluntary uni workshop to help those of us who need it before tomorrow's test.

    ReplyDelete