Sunday, March 4, 2012

BUTT IN A RUT

Well four days into March and there is a distinct pattern of good day/bad day/good day/bad day. Put bluntly: no progress. Geez I just cant get my headspace right and keep it there. I'm totally at a loss for how to break out of this rut. And let me tell you, it is a down and drepressing rut.

Its like I'm no longer connected to myself or my inner voice. Sometimes it talks to me but most of the time its drowned out by the Binge Monster (although not this month), the Apathy Monster or the 'Oh I'll Just Start Tomorrow Monster'. Sometimes I just want to kick myself in the butt and yell "Stop!! You know better than that." But the Apathy Monster wins.

I find myself making mental lists of "if only (blah blah blah) then wouldnt my life be great." But then I step back and see that my life is great. What do I really want? I wish my SP was still in Adelaide. Perhaps just a good honest put it out there talk is all I need to help me regain my balance and perspective.

Good night all

M

1 comment:

  1. ...Tell me about it!

    I felt like that all last week, then it happened! after so much planning and deliberating in my mind, yesterday things just kicked into gear...Sundays are usually good for me - they are my "planning' and "preparing" days, ironing gets done, school bags are packed, some meals are cooked, and for some reason, having order yesterday translated into my food. No workouts yet, but I'm feeling good.
    Best of luck! xo

    ReplyDelete