Saturday, March 10, 2012

DAY TWO - AN INSIGHTFUL DAY

Tonight's post comes from my iPad again so I have no pics to put up as I need to upload them to the PC first. They will come though.

So day 2 has been and gone and what an insightful day it was.

Let's start with leg training this morning and my 'back to basics' workout: squats, static lunges (some call these split squats), stiff legged deadlifts and wide squats. 3 sets of 12 reps each - beginner basics with baby weights (10 kilo bar or 2 kilo dumbbells). OMG this nearly killed me. Oh fitness level, where have you gone? Ironically my injury has settled down of its own accord but gosh I'm so unfit again.

Training was followed up by a nice healthy breakfast of low fat Greek yogurt with a High Bran Weetbix, dried figs, nuts and seeds. Great start to the day EXCEPT for the headache that accompanied it. Panadols didn't help much again so I was stuck with it.

Then things got busy and it was like my mood just went down with it all: ice skating lesson, drop my boy at my mum's, rush home, get changed and meet my friend for lunch. Normally this is something I love to do but I really struggled today. Struggled to feel good. Struggled to engage. Struggled to be there. This is not like the normal me at all. Anyway it was still a nice catch up and our mini celebration for her birthday.

I'm calling it a day now as I still don't feel physically great and I hope that an early night will boost me to a full recovery for tomorrow.

Cheers all

M

2 comments:

  1. Take care, Magda...should you be seeing your doctor if your headache won't budge? xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better soon! Hopefully not caffeine withdrawal or your body detoxing somewhat from the recent busy and trying times. Hopefully by Sunday you feel relaxed! :-)

    ReplyDelete