Friday, March 9, 2012

DAY ONE - OUT OF THE BLOCKS AND OFF TO A GOOD START

As a total indulgence I slept in the guest bedroom last night to get the best sleep possible and I made it to 7.10am which I was pretty happy with. I took myself out for an hour long walk and enjoyed the fresh air and traffic noise LOL. For breakie I had an oat/egg white/cottage cheese pancake with dried figs cooked into it. I spread it was organic apple baby food as its sugar and sweetener free. It's delicious. Today I've guzzled glass after glass of water, another thing that's been sadly lacking over the last few weeks.

After brekkie I got stuck into my share of the housework followed by a shower and a stroll to one of my favourite coffee shops. I took a magazine, sat outside, sipped my skim cappuccino and just chilled out as this place is not too big or busy. It was just what I needed today. After walking home, I took the car to do the grocery shopping after which it was time for a late lunch. Except today I didn't want to have something out as I usually do so I bought some extra fruit, sat on a bench outside, read my magazine some more and ate a banana and a pear.

My boy was coming home from camp today so I made my way to school to pick him up. It was the highlight of my day. After our usual visit to Cibo for ice cream (not for me though) we headed home and I got stuck into unpacking everything and getting dinner sorted.

It has been a wonderful day marred only slightly by a persistent headache that even Panadol could only dull and not get rid of. Hopefully I'm just a bit run down and will bounce back tomorrow without succumbing to a dreaded lurgy. So an early bed is in order in readiness for great day number 2.

M

2 comments:

  1. Magda - sometimes I get a headache at the end of a period of intense stress...I've been told it's a result of "releasing" the stress...not sure if there is any proof that this is real but it happens to me a lot on weekends, holidays etc.
    Hope Day 2 is another good one. Keep up the water!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may be right Sandra although I am feeling a bit off as well. Water intake still good - although not as good as yesterday.

    ReplyDelete