Monday, January 31, 2011

TODAY I CELEBRATE .....

...... January being binge free. In fact being binge free since 22 December :-)

I know the day isnt over but I've had a lovely satisfying lunch and I have no desire to stuff myself mindlessly with crap between now and dinner time. To say I feel fantastic is an understatement.

In all honesty it hasnt been difficult at all. Late last year I decided that I wouldnt do it (binge) again. Then there were a whole lot of thought processes, beliefs and actions that had to change but so far, so good. Its a bit early to go into these in detail but some further success under my belt may just get me writing more about it.

Physically the key difference has been a commitment to a different diet whilst at work and also on weekends. During the week my lunch is now a Bakers Delight cape seed roll, about 80 or so grams of some protein and a large salad with fat free dressing (yes I'm lazy and use the bottled stuff) and a piece or two of seasonal fruit. This is so satisfying that I easily last until dinner time on it. On weekends lunch is a bit hit and miss to balance out having a drink at 5pm with some nibbly snack foods (not too much and not too junky). Easily achieved when breakfast is late due to training later.

The lunch time carbs (bread and fruit) really agree with me both physically (my system is rejoicing) and mentally becasue I've eaten food I love so I'm not searching out the crap to fill the gap. Over the weeeknd I was contemplating doing low carb this week as I have an easy training week. But all morning I was feeling disappointed about having just chicken and salad for lunch and I decided to stick with whats working for me right now. Basically, if its not broke, dont fix it.

The scales showed a .6 loss and I'm happy with that. No tweaking required at this stage.

:-) M

8 comments:

  1. Snap! My lunch is almost the same as yours, except I'm using cape seed loaf. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how something as simple as a cape seed roll can make such a difference. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hail the cape seed roll and its magical powers LOL. But seriously it has made such a big difference to my satisfaction levels and my psyche that for now, its here to stay. Although sometimes I have brown rice and stir fried veg which I also love - as long as the carbs are there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Magda on the binge free! My lunches are often similar too! About 3/5 days at work I have a hollowed out multigrain baguette with 80 odd grams lean protein and salad or burgen bread/toast with the same then fruit at mid arvo before most training. I haven't calculated exactly from when I had my last binge but it's been quite a while since a big embarrassing one I'd be too embarrassed to admit! I know yesterday I was a bit slack which disappointed me slightly after and a bit hungover and had a 600ml iced coffee with a 10g choc easter egg for brekkie, 2 nectarines and 80g cold chicken for lunch and maybe 150g baked fish, 1 med potato with big garden salad for tea. So not the best brekkie but not binge worthy haha! At least it didn't turn to disaster!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It makes such a big difference if you are enjoying your meals doesn't it? That has been a big thing for me lately, eating healthy food that I love. No point forcing tuna or cottage cheese down if I can't stand it!

    Might have to try the cape seed bread/roll - sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everyone else, makes a huge difference when you are enjoying your food :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice one Magda! Both for the non bingeing and the loss.

    Your lunch sounds yummy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good work Pip. I see a big distinction between over-eating and binging. IMO overeating is normal and we all do it from time to time. Whilst we're not happy about doing it (or maybe we are if it was a special occassion LOL), we're not ashamed of it. Its the mindless stuffing down of ridiculous amounts of food that constitute binging and that is what I'm working on avoiding. I know there'll be times when I overeat but I'm ok with it. What you describe is NOT binging IMO.

    Absolutely Hilary!! After I declared "no more diets" several months ago I vowed to NEVER eat plain tuna again. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it. So its off the menu.

    A very positive difference Kristy and thats so important for a good headspace.

    Hey Shar. Thanks for your congratulations. Yep loving my food now :-)

    ReplyDelete