Monday, January 24, 2011

A CHANGE IN HEADSET

Well my groove may have gone but after a revised weigh in this morning (making it exactly 7 days since the last one) the MM decided to register a "no loss - but no gain". Whilst still not happy happy, I feel better about that than the numbers heading in the wrong bl**dy direction.

But in all honesty I've had my momentary little hissy fit and now I'm over it. I've eaten well most of the time, I've done all my running training and most of my weight training (studio is under renovations - already!!) so I've done ok. Yeah I could have skipped the Thai dinner with wine on Thursday night but it was a nice night out for just Peter and I so I have no regrets. I am still binge free - or rather I'm still maintaining my healthy relationship with all foods and that is what really matters in the long run. The Metal Monster will come to the party, I know. And if need be, there is room to tweak both diet and training as neither is all hard core.

The best thing from all this is knowing deep down how my headset has changed. Previously this result on the scales would have me commiserating with a party in my mouth. Yeah I'd be into all sorts of junk food because 1) well whats the point of eating healthy because I'm not losing weight anyway and 2) I deserve the treat foods because I need to feel better. Even writing that, I'm rolling my eyes and shaking my head at the logic I used to justify some of those previous choices.

But today life is calm and normal and it feels SO good to be able to write that. I've just come home from my Monday Zumba class which is a light but fun workout. Tomorrow morning I will run for 50 minutes. There is no knawing desire to stuff myself with sweets or something junky. There is no build up of frustration and tension that I'd normally solve with food.

So here's to another great week. It wont be perfect but guaranteed it'll be balanced, healthy and sensible.

:-) M

5 comments:

  1. Hey Magda, well done on the binge free and getting straight back into it!

    I had an extremely focussed week last week, then decided to substitute workouts on Sat due to a lil disorganisation. I went to a paid banquet at a Chinese restaurant which was yum on Sat and while I did eat a bit more than normal I didn't binge or stuff myself so was happy with that!
    Then yesterday was BF's 30th, we had a few visitors, had his profilic rissoles with 2 slices bread instead of salad for tea, had a creme egg with him and skipped workout. Nothing major and no binge but could feel my hardcore groove starting to slip! But today, right back on track fully which was good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's cheers Pip. Its all about balance and going with the flow. Some days will be great, some not as much so. As long as WE dont end up being our own worst enemies, I say.

    :-) Magda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frankie, I'M READY :-) :-) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you send some of Frankie's "whoosh" up my way, please?
    :) :)
    x Sandra

    ReplyDelete