Monday, January 10, 2011

LAST POST REWIND AND TAKE 2

Well its been a little while since my last post but on the journey home from our Queensland holiday (paddling our canoe LOL) I thought some more about what I really want this year and I decided that my last post was a bit wishy washy and hadnt set the bar high enough. I was itching to do MORE.

One of the reasons I love blogging is reading about other people's lives and philosophies. And I have taken a leaf from the following inspirational bloggers:

Pip has posted one of her annual goals has been to keep her weight under a certain level for a few years now. She may have ups and downs during the year but as long as her weight doesnt go above X she's making progress in her weight management. I like this idea and this approach so after I had a (totally expected) reading of 70.4kgs yesterday morning due to a decent dose of holiday bloat, I made my own resolution to keep my weight under 70kgs for the rest of this year. I've already had a good drop overnight (again, totally expected) and am progressing towards my goal of running the HM at 62kgs or under.

Kek posted this gem some time ago and whilst I dont follow her approach to the letter (we are all individulas and different things work for different people) the overall philosophy has me cheering "YEAH!!." Every now and then I'm almost roped in by some snazzy ad promising excellent results if I do so and so's fat loss plan, 12 week challenge (no disrespect to those who provide this service as I do believe that it works extremely well for some people) or other out of this world program. Its just not for me right now.

Yep there is some nutritional tightening required for me to get leaner but it all has to be sensible and maintainable over the longer term. And I must stay sane and happy while working on this goal.

So a couple of short term goals have snuck in:

1. By the end of February I'm shooting for sub 65kgs.
2. I have a list of "the non negotiable 9" things I want to achieve in January - mostly not fitness related.

And the best - saved til last - I weight trained upper body today for the first time in almost a year ...

3. Complete 2 upper body training sessions each week - fitting around my running training of 4 x / week.

Oh and I bit the bullet and walked home from work today and then did a Zumba class after dinner. So a note to my extra holiday kilos: "F*UCK OFF!!."

:-) Magda

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back Magda! Hope you're not too sore after upper body training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Magda, I've been thinking about things as well as no detox for me. I want to start feeling nice like I did before xmas and that to me wasn't a diet, but good healthy eating with the occassional treat. I'm back drinking coffee because I like it and it helps me with the other stuff. I also had porridge this morning instead of a green smoothie as the oats again makes me feel good. My goal is to lose 1 kg a month until November ready for my 30th brithday party. It should be easily achieveable. First mini goal back under 80 kgs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new goals and the great attitude Magda! I'm enjoying a bit of DOMS today, I'm sure you probably are too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it back from Queensland safely (must have been a bit of a soggy holiday - yikes!)

    Good luck with your goals - and is it OK if I pack up my holiday kilos and send them to wherever yours are going? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Charlotte and welcome back to you as well. Yes today I welcome the return of my trusted old friend ... DOMS :-)

    Kristy a good sensible plan and therefore quite achievable. Onwards towards sub 80.

    Hi Hilary yes DOMS is back in my life. Its been a long time wihtout it.

    Kek, Queensland. Soggy one day. Soggier the next. At least it was nice the week we were in Noosa. Yep our holiday kilos could go on holiday together LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww cheers Magda, yep, it's one little accomplishment of mine, - lowering my 'cut off' point by 5kg a year lol!

    All the best with all your goals this year! I will have to check out when your half marathon is! I'm planning on doing the Gold Coast half in July....................ideally in a position where I've been happy with my prep. And a sprint dist triathlon on 3 April in Perth.

    Keep focussed :-)

    ReplyDelete