Friday, January 28, 2011

THE ICE SKATING QUEEN



After a busy morning of running around getting uniforms sorted, dropping off dry cleaning, buying food for dinner and more, it was time to have some fun in the afternoon. So we went and had a nice lunch at Cafe Luna Rosso and can I just say, they made the BEST Lebanese risotto with chicken breast and chick peas. We followed this up with ice skating at Thebarton Ice Arena.

This was our third time and although scary, it was time today to let go of the support frame. Well voila, after a few tentative laps staying close to the edge, I gained my confidence and skated reasonably well. Its amazing what you can do when you just push past your boundaries and limiting beliefs.

I also ran an hour this morning but sadly the pattern has been that Friday runs are far from my best. Oh well, they cant all be great. The main thing is its done and dusted and I have one lo9ng run (1 hour + 30 mins) before a week of light training next week.

It'll be a scorcher here (WOOHOOOOO!!!) so this little duck will be happy happy!!!

:-) M

4 comments:

  1. Good on you Magda - iceskating on a dinky pelvis is a risk and sounds like you went really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you should be planning on heading back to the ice rink if the heatwave down there continues! Good to hear you gained some confidence with the skating :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am such a klutz. I haven't been ice skating since high school. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Liz. I was very nervous about falling over but it all went well :-)

    Yeah its 42 degrees today and very dry here Hilary but sadly I'm chained to my desk today.

    That was my last time too Frankie (apart from 2 other goes more recently) but first time skating without the support frame.

    ReplyDelete