Thursday, January 27, 2011

LOVING RUNNING - NOT SO THE WEIGHTS

Too busy to blog the last couple of days but admit they have been great and I still feel really good.

Yesterday was the dreaded sprint training and a particularly hard format - long sprint intervals (4 minutes!!) and distance goals as well. Not my favourite session by any stretch but once I'm into the swing of it, I've been giving it my best shot. You cant ask more especially when running at 80% effort for 30 secs is TOTALLY different to running at 80% effort for 4 minutes. When I remind myself of this, I know that I'm training correctly.

Yesterday I also had enough spare time in the afternoon to do my upper body training for chest / shoulders / bis ...... but I just couldnt be arsed. Thats a bit pathetic I know but I'm one of those people that if its not done first thing in the morning, it doesnt get done. So today - even though I'm on holidays for these 2 days - I hauled my arse out of bed at 5.50 and did that session. Didnt enjoy it, but its done.

Yeah I'm struggling with weight training now. I want a lean and toned upper body (not interested in "building size" anymore) but am finding the straight sets weight training extremely boring. So much so that I cant even get off my arse to research more interesting formats / programs etc. I guess when I hit the wall in a few weeks and scream "I cant do this anymore" then it'll be time to find that alternative.

So I'm eating well and keeping my food well balanced with small treats only and making sure I dont skimp on veges and fruit. I'm watching that I dont overdo the carbs and trying to keep fat under control so hopefully this week will see the MM move in the right direction. This Sunday's run is 1 hour and 30 so that should help with the numbers.

:-) M

No comments:

Post a Comment