Tuesday, January 18, 2011

WEEK ONE RESULT - HAPPY WITH IT

I'm pleased to report a good first week back on (mainly) lean and clean eating and regular training. The scale dropped 2.6 much of which was bloat gone in the first couple of days.  Its nice to see the numbers make a decent move in the right direction though.

I did two upper body weights sessions as planned and had a rest day also to plan. The DOMS was mildly crippling after a long time away from the iron. Its settling down nicely now.

Upon my return home, my first run was painfully slow but I managed the 1 hour and 20 minutes. With the extra weight I didnt want to push hard and stress my joints too much. I think my body actaully thanked me for it. However after my weekly sprint training my left leg decided to play up making the start of my runs painful until I massaged it and it eased up as I warmed up.

Sunday's run was quite awesome. It was an hour and 20 again but after my left leg came good I felt good and picked up to a faster than normal pace. I dont measure distance but I know I covered way more distance than the week before. Love the runners high that I get after those amazing long runs.

So week two is well under way and hoping to nail another good one. Already today's run of 50 minutes was fantastic with no leg pain and the faster pace feeling good. Fingers crossed that the stars and planets stay aligned.

4 comments:

  1. Top job Magda on a great weeks effort! Those runs sound awesome and long, well done, glad the legs are starting to feel better, hope things stay that way! I look forward to reading how you go with the half marathon training, I'm fully intending to do the Gold Coast half marathon training on 3 July!
    All the best! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice going!

    Hey, what can I say, I feel the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic effort Magda! Well done for keeping up with the weights as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Pip, for a seasoned and fast runner like you the GC HM should be no problem.

    Shelley, I sympathise. So do I.

    Just getting back into weights Gillian and trust me, they take effort - whereas I happily go for a run.

    ReplyDelete